Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 12 minutes overall, including 12 minutes of preparation
Storage Notes: serve immediately, keeps for 1 day if refrigerated (separate poke mix from tostadas, otherwise they will get soggy)
Sometimes it can be amazing how our differences make us stronger. Or in this case: more delicious. Our Ahi Poke Tostadas bring together poke (from Hawaii, via Japan), tostadas (from Mexico), avocados (from California), mayo (French) and tangy, citrusy, spicy-sweet spices (made right here in the USA). It's quite a combo, and it's a good idea to double this recipe because these go fast!
- 1 advocado
- 1/2 pound sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 4 corn tostadas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced sodium is best for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Taste of Jamaica
- 3 tablespoons Taste of California
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Rinse tuna, pat dry, and cut into small cubes, around 1/2 inch.
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, mayo, Taste of Jamaica, Taste of California, and stir well to combine.
- Slice avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop out flesh. Working carefully so as to not mush it, cut into small small cubes, around 1/2 inch.
- On a serving plate, arrange tostadas, and layer in tuna and advocado.
- Spoon on or drizzle sauce, and serve.