Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 8 minutes overall, including 8 minutes of cooking
Storage Notes: serve immediately, keeps for 1 day if refrigerated
We think stove-top shisito peppers make for a near-perfect appetizer: quick to make, delicious, and a little exotic. You can pick them up in ethnic markets or some larger supermarkets, and with 10 minutes and 3 other ingredients, you can bring home a taste of the Orient to your guests.
- 4 cups Shisito peppers
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1/2 tablespoon Green Tea Sea Salt
- In a large bowl, mix peppers, olive oil, Garlic Pepper Rub and Green Tea Sea Salt, tossing well to coat.
- Put a large non-stick pan on the stove and heat on medium.
- When the pan is warm, add pepper mix, reserving bowl. Try to ensure peppers are evenly distributed in the pan.
- Toss and mix peppers - they will start to char and blister at the 6 minute mark. Keep tossing for another 2 minutes.
- Remove peppers from pan, add to bowl and toss in reserved mixture, and serve.