Yield: 6 servings
Time Estimate: 28 minutes overall, including 15 minutes of preparation and 13 minutes of cooking
Storage Notes: serve immediately; excess chicken & endives will keep for 2 days when refrigerated
Beautiful, healthy, and flavorful, this recipe is one of our summer go-tos when entertaining. Our Southwest & Cajun spice blends are so rich that there's no need to marinate beforehand - making this perfect for last minute dinners or if, like us, you're just not the type to plan too far ahead.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 medium to large endives
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium advocado
- 1/2 cup basil
- 4 teaspoons Taste of the Southwest
- 4 teaspoons Taste of Cajun
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- *Extra Points* 2 limes
- Peel garlic and chop into small slivers.
- Dice onion into small chunks.
- Add olive oil to medium sized saucepan and turn heat to high. After 1 minute, add garlic.
- As garlic begins to brown, add onion, cooking until it becomes translucent.
- Rinse chicken, and chop in small pieces, around 1/2 inch. Add to saucepan, reduce heat to medium, add Cajun & Southwest spices, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Rinse basil and dice finely. Open avocado and cut into small chunks, around 1/4th inch.
- Remove brown or broken leaves from endives, and peel 20 - 25 large leaves for use as scoopers. Arrange on serving plate.
- Remove chicken from heat, and allow to cool.
- Using a slotted spoon or similar, add chicken to endives. Top with avocado, and sprinkle with basil.
- Apply small amount of soy sauce to each scooper.
- *Extra Points* Use a zester on limes, and dust scoopers with lime zest.