Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 14 minutes overall, including 6 minutes of preparation and 8 minutes of cooking
Storage Notes: serve immediately, keeps for 2 days refrigerated
Too many bell peppers is not too much of a good thing. It's just a good thing. Here's one of our favorite ways to make it so.
- 4 or 5 small bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Taste of Bordeaux
- 3 Tablespoons Taste of Cyprus
- 1/2 cup basil
- Slice all bell peppers vertically, and remove stem and seeds.
- Taking half of the bell peppers, cut vertically again, and reserve. These will be your spoons.
- Take the remaining half, and dice finely.
- Peel onion and dice finely.
- Put a large saucepan on the stove and heat on high. Add olive oil.
- After 1 minute, add onion, cooking until it begins to become translucent.
- Add bell peppers, Taste of Bordeaux, and Taste of Cyprus.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high, stirring regularly. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Dice basil.
- Arrange bell pepper spoons on serving plate, and spoon in bell peppers.
- Sprinkle with basil, and serve.