Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 7 minutes overall, including 4 minutes of preparation and 3 minutes unattended
Storage Notes: serve immediately; keeps for 3 days when refrigerated
Things that come out of microwaves usually aren't fat-free, aren't bursting with freshness, and often can't compete on taste with foods coming out of the oven. Not so with this recipe: the green beans are perfectly cooked with just the right amount of crunch and the Garlic Pepper Rub adds a sharpness that will have you reaching for more.
- 4 cups green beans
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Gustus Vitae Condiments' Garlic Pepper Rub
- Wash green beans and cut off ends.
- Place green beans in a microwave-safe container, pour in water.
- Cover container with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Taking care with the hot container, remove from microwave, strain, and place in a large bowl.
- Add Garlic Pepper Rub and stir: the residual moisture will cause the Rub to stick to beans.